Beacon Resources and Documents
- The Camping Trip - Construct an assessment rubric.
- The Big Bad Wolf Meets Bloom's Taxonomy - Develop tasks that require high order thinking skills.
- Rudy - Understand importance of using a variety of assessments.
- Cleaning the House - Learn how rubrics are similar to contracts.
- Bloom's Taxonomy and the Spectrum of Assessment - Explore assessments that elicit complex thinking skills.
Standards-Based Lesson Planning Modules
- Welcome - Understand how to navigate the modules
- Overview - Examine the advantages of a standards-base planning process.
- Curriculum - Identify what students should know and be able to do.
- Assessment - Investigate assessment as a process.
- Instruction - Explore instructional strategies that support standards.
- Software Evaluation - Critique educational software.
- Website Evaluation - Identify and critique educational Websites.